Friday, August 24, 2007

There he goes


It took me a while to locate this photo. Em and I spent a few hours touring around Temple Square one April after school let out. I think we must have been heading back to the Temple grounds down South Temple when we past a friendly grandpa. We waved, said hello and went along our merry way. It took a few seconds for it to register that it was President Faust, maybe heading out for lunch or just a walk around the block. We stopped and turned around, thought of running back but instead I just snapped this photo...it was when I was younger and feeling artistic. I thought then that at least I had him on film :)

When news of his passing came I thought immediately of this picture. There he goes. Traveled the world over, spoken to millions about the love of the Savior, there he goes, a friendly grandpa, and servant of the Lord, husband, father. There he goes, someone who wore out his life in the service of God. There he goes...and oh may we follow.

3 comments:

emily said...

wow ... jennalee ... you wax poetic! love this post and love that you found this picture! i totally remember that day!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Wow Jennalee, thanks for such a spiritual post. Just what I needed today!

tricki_nicki said...

Jennalee! How the heck are ya? You need to keep doing this so we can keep up with your Gunter livin' self! Come on, you can do it!