Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ode to Michael "Bubble"

Okay, I have this characteristic...or weakness maybe...naaa---QUALITY :) I say things with out sometimes thinking about it? that's not really it either, its not that I say things without thinking, its just sometimes I don't think about listening to what I'm going to say in my head to hear what it will sound like before I actually say it out loud. But, that said, I realize if I did do that it would make my speech t e r r i b l y S L O W paced and I wouldn't be able to carry on a decent conversation --EVER...though my husband thinks I'm challenged there most of the time as well....ANYWAY...I say silly things sometimes and I've done it again, so before anyone else posts about it I'd better clear the air so I can go on with catching up with the last several weeks of holiday happenings.

My friend (which, by the way, after the latest new job at our house that required an extensive background search, I realize that thankfully most of my friends including "Buliss" would count on the "someone who knows you WELL" (7+ yrs I guess is the magic number) category--much love to them all :))...OK so... my friend is a much more suave blogger than I and has fun things on her blog--way more fun than my silly Christmas countdown--the latest addition is a little music tuner that she can put songs on for you to enjoy while you are perusing her posts. WELL, an artist that I am not so familiar with appeared and I asked her about him yesterday on the phone..."Who the heck is Michael 'BUBBLE'??" and yes, I pronounced it like those things that we blow from chewing gum or little bottles of sticky stuff that children delight in...bubbles...so there! How was I to know he had some frenchy pronunciation to his last name? We are in the "sound it out" phase of our lives around here---hard to change gears sometimes...OK, well that is just an excuse because those who know me well know that this is NOT the first verbal faux pas (pronounced: -) --yeah, I looked it up...anyway, not my first "miss-step" and won't be my last, not that I TRY to do it, sometimes it just happens...and frankly at this point, I think it just makes knowing me a little more memorable, so "chee Hoowa Hoowa" to ya'll! night night!

So, What makes knowing YOU more memorable, Huh?

9 comments:

emily said...

o me o my ... i so badly want to post about all the funny things you've said over the years ... but i fear that they wouldn't be as funny to others as they are to me! Thank you for sharing the latest 'jennalee-ism' with us!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Jennalee...you crack me up! Thanks for the good laugh!

sariqd said...

Hey Jennalee! It's me! Sara - Jed's ultra-cool sister! Ya I know, it's been forever since we've seen each other.... Bellevue? Anyway - I found you through Molly's blog - from Jori's blog... so there you go! Hope all is well! (Perhaps people should start spelling as things sound. Like Michael Beublay... er, I guess I wouldn't be the best person to do that. ;-)

jennycooks said...

Jennalee, I just stopped by - too funny! Atleast all you did was mis-prounounce, I stick my foot in my mouth unknowingly when I say just what pops into my head all of the time. Oh well.

The Ollila's said...

Hello there. It's me, Alicia Ollila.....Patrick Ollilas wife. We just got your Christmas card in the mail and you are right, it is silly how long it has been since we last saw you. Why haven't you invited us over? JUST KIDDING!!!!! We will have to give you a call after the holidays and get together. Looks like everyone is doing good. I can't believe how big your babies are!!! Last we talked you just found out you were pregnant. It has been way too long.
Talk with you soon,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee Lee - I found a link from Michael's page to Emily's page to yours! Can you send me your email address? I would love to chat with you! Glad you finally found Michael Buble - he's one of my favorite singers! And Merry Christmas!

Kimmer :-) (Galbraith-Jensen)
lance@sundance.myrf.net

tricki_nicki said...

At least you just SAY dumb things, I DO them. I'm actually drafting a post about some of the ridiculously stupid things I've done over the years. I figure my future posterity should know the 'real' me. :)

Fleet Ford said...

Chihuahua?? LOL oh yeah hahahaha thought this was pretty funny hahaha I HAVE A BLOG NOW you should come comment on it hahaha :D ANYWAY talk to you laterz

Fleet Wiscombe

kiley said...

oh, so it doesn't work HERE...
oh jennalee... what would life be without you? much more boring, i'd guess...
thanks for the laughs!! :)
let me know when you finally run into Ed Mc-MAY-HON k??
peace out.