I've turned a corner in my blogomorphosis...while putting together a folder of "to be blogged" photos this morning (to hopefully aid in the lag time between posts--we'll see) little Liv came screaming the 'panic cry' - you know what it sounds like: "I've done something that I know was NOT a good idea, but I did it anyway and it has resulted in something just terrible and now I have to retreat to mom to right it" (Alivia is really good at the dramatics she could TOTALLY act somewhere professionally some day I'm sure)
ANYWAY! what did she do, you ask? Well, (this could have been a short post but I must give a little background) the two middle children have been blessed with my husband's laid back personality (for the most part), they have just rolled with things, are very personable, happy children, they're blonde like he was, they are "pesterers" like he IS...AND they have carried on what I'm not ashamed to blame their father's set of genes for--the facination with sticking objects UP THEIR NOSES! Some day I'll have to get the full details of their dad's "button up the nose until someone smelled a foul smell and wondered what it was--oh it's something up his nose!" episode. These two have kept the tradition alive, Zack during "naptime" when he was about 2 shoved a bead up his little schnoz so far we had to take him to the dr to have it extracted--NICE! Luckily Liv was not so thorough and the bead (maybe we should rid the house of those?!?) was still visible...so what did I do?
I took a picture of course! So I could BLOG about it!
(on a side note, I recall totally turfing it on my bicycle as a child and having my mother position my arms and head etc, so as to see all of my scrapes in ONE PHOTO SHOT!---oh wait...I haven't accomplished anything really today---let me go dig through my old photo albums to locate it...)

What a lovely photo...she even pinned my bangs back...true evidence of a mother's love!


5 comments:
THAT is hilarious!! :) and she is DEFINITELY your child...
i think i have a few pitcures of me with things stuck up my nose...
too funny ... and i totally remember that pic of you too! as if our memories of these moments will fade too much for us to recall ... we need photographic evidence! love it!
oh yes, I believe we are better record keepers because of blogging! Now she will have a great memory of distress with a picture to prove it! haha. Your Mom was ahead of her time :)
Hey Jennalee that is too funny!
Somehow I found your blog.
I have a blog too.
www.sergioandpattymartinez.blogspot.com
Hey we still have your ladder :)
Ellison says hi :D
I'm dyin'! : ) And I also love how you, as a loving mother, said "wait, let me take one more picture!" haha not one but TWO photos of the incident! Rock on mom! hahaha And THAT's the Jennalee I remember - LOVE the photo. And yes, we had a mini jingle bell and a perler bead encounter our girls' noses. I think it must be a right of passage. haha
Post a Comment