So, I know I've totally wiped out my blog the last week or so...on account of my fiddling with the columns and coveting the three column blogs out there...all the cutsie widgets got dumped never to be recovered...my
summer reading schedule among them...my focus (I like to call it that instead of using words like obsession or fixation) on re-creating the blog has had its trickle down effect on the rest of my contractual or non-contractual obligations...one of them being keeping up with said reading schedule ANYWAYS (
don't you just love the usage there) we were hit with a bed time squall (the kind of weather I LOVE but my children don't share my affinity for: wind howling, lightening flashing, thunder booming, rain beating, etc...) SO we had the "can we keep the lights on" and other such stalling going on SO we decided to have reading time...it started with me going downstairs to read myself leaving them upstairs all with books in bed and lights on...I don't know how that works at your house, but for us the "reading time" lasts about two minutes-TOPS...SO I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and do some much needed catch up reading aloud to them...this is how it went...(in order of expiration)





(notice the dress up heels;))
no seriously, a little 'nourishing" and they were all out, no yelling, weeping, wailing or gnashing of teeth, and I was 25 or so pages closer to being caught up...and lest you think I'm patting myself on the back, here's one that we heard tonight...

I have to say, one of you may have to remind me of this little "trick" in the future when I am having a conniption about bed time...which is usually how it goes (oh, and the storm has past so I may be able to sleep with no visitors in my bed tonight too---BONUS!)
SO, how goes bed time at your house?
9 comments:
i love this post ... the kind that make me think 'why don't i ever think of that' instead of trying to beat mine into submission! and I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! high heels especially!
So cute, I am diggin' the high heels.
Way cute pictures of the kiddos sleeping. I love how NONE of them are sleeping in a typical straight up and down position.
Alivia cracks me up. She even sleeps like a diva! So cute.
Great to see you and Rick! and fam!
i LOVE your new blog look-way cute. great pics of your sleeping kids-the high heels are classic! nothing like a little bom to put the kids to sleep:)
ok the heels are so cute and along with a bathing suit to boot. Are you training her for pagents?! I don't know why I have never thought of reading them to sleep with the scriptures. It works for me :) Thanks for the GREAT idea.
Mine can be that crazy too and I only have one to contend with.
Too funny. I love the new look of your blog. You will have to tell me how you get 3 columns, I have been trying to figure that one out for a while.
Post a Comment